There are two types of registration carried out by Japan Association for International Racing and Stud
Book (JAIRS) for Thoroughbred as described below.
Foal Registration: to verify pedigree and identity
Registration for Breeding: to ensure the breeding record of the horse to be used as breeding stock
Followings are included in examination.
* Examination of documents and comparison between its contents and the horse concerned
* Examination of the horse concerned
* Examination of its pedigree
* Parentage verification and establishment of identification by DNA typing or bloodtyping
* Check microchip number
* For imported horse, receipt of Export Certificate issued by the Stud Book Authority of country of birth,
comparison between its contents and the horse concerned and description in the Stud Book of the country
Relationship between Life of Racehorse and JAIRS
Outline of relationship between life of racehorse and JAIRS is attached.
Relationship between Life of Racehorse and JAIRS (PDF Format)
Outline of flow chart for Foal Registration is attached.
Flow chart for Foal Registration (PDF Format)
Registration for Breeding
Outline of flow chart for Registration for Breeding is attached.
Flow chart for Registration for Breeding (PDF Format)